Staying with Jelaila
I am pleased to have you as a guest in my home and for the workshop. Below is
a list of amenities and guidelines. Rooms are $100/night
- Private room with full or queen bed. All beds are comfortable with fluffy pillows and soft sheets. See photos
- Fresh towels and linens
- Local and long distance calls are free. US only
- Fully stocked kitchen (save money by cooking your own meals)
- Beautiful park with walking and hiking trails just a 2 minute drive or 10 minute walk away.
House Guidelines for Overnight Guests:
- One guest per room
- Deposit of $50/night is due at time of reservation. Balance is due at departure. You can use a credit card or send a check. If using a credit card, call
me. My number is (913) 599-6222.
A 2-week cancellation notice is required for a full refund. Credit cards are subject to a 15% cancellation
- Breakfast is from 8:00 to 9:00am.
- No food in bedrooms. Water is okay.
- TVs turned down after 10pm
- Keep bathrooms picked up as 2 rooms share each bathroom.
- You have full use of the kitchen but clean up after yourself. That means rinsing and putting dishes in the dishwasher, or putting clean dishes away before putting
dirty ones in.
House Guidelines for Workshop Guests:
- Please bring slippers or socks to wear in the house as shoes are left at the front door. The workshop room is carpeted but the adjoining kitchen is not; it’s
- No smoking inside. You are welcome to smoke on the deck outside or the portico in front. Ashtrays and chairs are provided in those areas.
- You are welcome to bring food and put it in the refrigerator. Please mark any leftovers and ask before taking those unmarked.
Our Four-legged companions (Cleo, Nubi and JonOakley)
I’m an animal lover and have 3 four-legged companions Nubi (Italian Greyhound) is my little ole’ man and is very quiet and well-mannered. Cleo, a tiny Beagle, is
my little former mill mama. Sweet and gentle, she only barks when playing with JonOakley. JonOakley (Italian Greyhound) a handsome and very lively little boy, is the newest member of my
In order to ensure that they respect you and your personal boundaries, please follow these simple steps. Of course, if you choose not to interact, I will show you the
commands to keep them at bay, otherwise...
- There’s only 2 positions on the world of dogs: leader and follower. Dogs only take 10 seconds to decide which role you play. They respect and obey a pack
leader. It is my hope that you choose to be seen as a pack leader. To be a pack leader:
- No touch, no talk, no eye contact when you arrive at the front door. Only followers acknowledge followers.
- Only pet a dog or allow them to place their paws on you...as in jumping up... when you want them to. When you do, call them to you and make them sit first.
They must earn the petting.
- Beagles are “scent” hounds. Please keep all food and drinks off the floor.
Your facilitator and hostess, Jelaila